If you’re thinking of having a training camp and haven’t the time or money to go abroad, why not consider Grosvenor Rowing Club?
Why choose Grosvenor?
- For the River – The River Dee provides more than 20 km of uninterrupted water.
- For the Location – Our boathouse has easy access to the River Dee and is within walking distance of the historic city of Chester.
- For the après-rowing – Chester city centre is small enough to explore on foot with a multitude of bars, restaurants and pubs. With everything you would expect of a modern city, Chester is the ideal place to relax after a hard day on the river.
Facilities we can offer
- Use of coaching launches – We can provide visiting crews with coaching launches and life jackets at reasonable rates.
- Boat storage – With prior agreement with the club Captain, boats can be easily stored outside in the club car park.
- Use of ergos and weights – Feel free to use our ergos and free weights/machines.
- Swingulator - brilliant for teaching sweep technique (use for extra charge).
- Changing rooms and showers – Our changing rooms can be used by visitors.
- Caterer – Your catering requirements, from snacks to meals can provided, please discuss with the Captiain when yoiu make your booking.
- Club room – We have a clubroom and bar upstairs where you can relax after training.
- Parking – Limited parking is available at the club for both your trailers and cars.